Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Holiday Collection 2010

Well, out with the old and in with the new I always say!  So long days of running around without shoes on and driving carpool in my pajamas.  So long shorts and tank tops.  Hello hoodie and hello sweatpants!  Everybody looks fat in sweatpants.  I think I like cold weather!  If I only knew how to turn on this fireplace in our new house I would be completely happy at this moment.  And, I can't forget to go pick up my new coat I put on layaway that day I had my air conditioning on full blast and that linen sleeveless dress back in August.

It was so exciting getting these new bags ready for our Holiday Collection!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE fall and winter fabrics!!  Colors like eggplant and rust and midnight blue.  Red...oh, red goes with every season...but especially Christmas because of dear old Santa.  The warm and comforting feel of flannel...it's just so much more exciting than linen.  Although linen is my favorite texture, I need a break and welcome winter with open arms.

I read an article not too long ago in Southern Exposure about Manuel Cuevas, Nashville's very own 'Rhinestone Rembrandt.'  He is amazing!  When you close your eyes and think of Porter Wagner, for example, his genius created the image that you see.  The images of icons were his calling.  I drove by his building the other day over by Music Row and it made me think about how happy he has made so many people with his beautiful designs.  He has created images for many, many stars.   All the greats!  From Elvis' jumpsuits to Stevie Nicks flowing dresses.   Now that's a man after my own heart, and he certainly can appreciate how much I love fabric.  Not to compare myself to him in any way - please don't think that.  But, I recall that in the article he talked about how he loved to pick up the scissors and cut fabric more than anything and I instantly bonded with him.  I know what he means.  It gets in your blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment